Alcohol: The consumption of alcohol on the green and the grass area surrounding the green is prohibited.
Children: Children under the age of 12 must be supervised while at the Club. Accompanied on the greens or in the clubhouse by an adult at all times.
Club Bowls: Bowls are provided to members and guests. When finished, return club bowls to the proper size shelf and in the proper bowls carrier. Club owned bowls are for the use of Novice bowlers for the first and second year. After two years, bowlers are encouraged to purchase their own bowls. Club Bowls are not to be removed from the premises without prior permission.
Club House: The Sidney Lawn Bowling Clubhouse, grounds and facilities are private for the exclusive use of its members and invited guests. Members are allowed to bring guests for the express purpose of introducing them to the game of lawn bowls or to participate in bowling events. See also USE OF THE CLUBHOUSE POLICY
Dress Code: Moderate casual attire, including T-shirts with sleeves (but not “muscle” shirts or short skirts or shorts) is required. Some leagues, Tournaments and inter-club days may have a special dress code and members are responsible to acquaint themselves of the Conditions of Play. See separate DRESS CODE policy.
Food and Drink: Food and Drinks are not permitted on the green with the exception of water kept on the sidelines.
Footwear: Footwear MUST be "smooth i.e. flat, rubber soled and heelless" in order to preserve our most valuable asset in the enjoyment of lawn bowls, our greens.
Greens Upkeep: In addition to wearing appropriate footwear, do not drop lawn bowls on the greens. When not in a game, walk on surrounding sidewalks versus cutting across the greens. Be careful when raking bowls.
Greens Use Rotation: Positioned under the office window, the greens use board advises which green is to be used and in which direction to bowl on the rinks. This is important in order to minimize wear patterns on the greens.
Guest Policy: A visitor may be invited by a member of the club who shall be responsible for ensuring the visitor is a responsible bowler and that appropriate footwear is worn and best safety practices followed.
Harassment: SLBC strictly prohibits all forms of harassment including harassment based on age, color, disability, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation.
Kitchen & Patio Area: As a courtesy, please clean up after yourself for the next member's enjoyment. If the trash cans have trash in them, empty them.
Language: Loud or abusive or vulgar language or behavior is not permitted.
- Repetitive lobbing of a bowl during delivery is not permitted as it will damage the green.
- A “lobbed” bowl is a delivery wherein the bowl is released 6 inches or more above the ground or is otherwise delivered in a manner that will harm the green. The term “lobbed” will also cover bowls dropped onto the green in preparation of play.
- If a player is not able to self-correct the problem then:
- The player should seek assistance from an experienced coach (at no charge.)
- If this assistance does not correct the problem the player should consider purchasing a bowling “arm” or other similar device. The club has “arms” for players to try.
Name Badges: While at the club, all members should wear their name badge for others to greet and identify them.
New Members: New members with no experience must go through the coaching program under the direction of the Coaching Committee prior to taking part in the draws.
No Smoking: Smoking of tobacco and cannabis is prohibited within the fenced area of the Club. This includes but is not limited to E-cigarettes, cigars and pipes.
Passcode: Having a passcode makes the member responsible for the club and its contents. The last member to leave the club must ensure that all lights have been turned off, the storage sherds are locked, the clubhouse is locked and the main gate is locked when they leave.
Personal Effects: Members leaving bowls and other personal effects in the clubhouse, whether secured or not, do so at their own risk. The club shall not be held responsible for loss or damage. In the interest of members’ safety, heavy items are not to be stored on top of lockers.
Practice: Practice is not allowed when tournaments are in progress.
Reciprocity: We honor reciprocal use of our facility to visiting members of other lawn bowling clubs
Recreational Drugs: Recreational drugs are not permitted on SLBC property.
Sportsmanship: members will treat each other with dignity and respect and observe the highest standards of good sportsmanship. Members should never do or say anything that will be offensive or will hurt other bowlers. Unsportsmanlike behaviour will not be tolerated and violations will be reviewed by the Club's Executive Committee.
Use of Green:
- When playing or practicing, a foot mat must be used.
- All bags, towels, water and any other objects, placed on the bank during play must be well away from the green itself.
- Members must leave the green and surrounding area clean and, in the condition, they were found.
- All equipment must be returned to the storage room and properly stored. A board member must be notified of any equipment in need of repair.
- Members shall ensure the storage room and storage sheds are securely locked.